Monday, October 7, 2013

Be Thou My Vision

Today's blog post is about one of my favorite worship songs, Be Thou My Vision.

In the very first verse, the song goes "Thou my best thought, by day or by night."

This weekend I was in Marion, IN on fall retreat with Campus Crusade for Christ. As the Lord is wont to do, He put a few things on my heart this weekend, but I figure not much more than He usually does.

It's important to know that just because you don't have a huge revelation or breakthrough at a fall retreat, doesn't mean that the weekend was a bust. It was a really lovely weekend that involved getting a break from school, making new relationships and strengthening a few that I have already made here.

A part of this weekend was something called Jesus Time, which is basically one on one prayer. I will admit that there are a few important things that I was thinking about this weekend that I really hoped that God would show me answers to. None of those things came to mind as I came to prayer during my time "alone" with Him that day.

"Thou my best thought, my day or by night."

I really came to appreciate this line in the song this weekend. Thou my best thought.

Sometimes I think anxious things.  Sometimes I think prideful things. Mean things. Unfortunately I'm not always above judging my neighbor.

But Jesus is my best thought. It's a simple as that. There's no analyzing, no footnotes, nothing else to explain. Our minds are at our best state when they are focused on Jesus, and let Him be our vision.



No comments:

Post a Comment